Friday, January 4, 2019

Now Broke

I am still building games in the World Weaver IntFiction engine I built. The engine is pretty stable, I haven't had to touch the actual code in a long time. Until recently. I ran into an issue when an Event (As opposed to a Command) causes the Player to travel to a new location. It was outputting the Room description twice, so I created the silent travel Action type. It moves the Player but doesn't output any Room Messages. In these scenarios the output is corrected.

I just ran into another interesting problem. In previous games spawning was working fine, however in this new game it seems to be getting stuck in a loop somewhere. This is very frustrating since it was working in the past. I have no idea what broke it. I'll have to add some output messages to pinpoint where it is hanging. When I find the problem I'll outline it here along with the solution I end up correcting it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...