Friday, January 11, 2019

The Tutorial Path

Tutorials are such a great tool. I find that I learn best using them. When I'm interested in a particular goal or project often I'll follow a tutorial or two. After doing so I typically have enough tricks or knowledge under my belt to begin to tweak the project to my liking. From there I become more and more independent of guidance.

Recently I've been going that route with abstract 3D art. I've done three tutorials and tonight I built a creation that is more my own making than a closely followed tutorial. It is probably still obvious which tutorials I learned from but the end result is definitely different from them. And I have some ideas for future pieces that I will most likely be able to pull off on my own.

I am a beginner for sure, but I now know a few tricks that will get me closer to being able create what I envision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...