Monday, April 6, 2020

RDP Fail

Remote Desktop in Linux remains elusive. I have tried time and again. I've tried a couple different servers, a couple different clients. I've tried tweaking the firewall rules, did chmod changes. And still nothing. The client prompts me for my login then it just gives up.

Now I'm unable to even smb to my tower. So I'll need to uninstall the firewall I installed per an RDB tutorial. This is all very frustrating. I understand security but this is all within my home network, surely it shouldn't be this difficult. I can SSH into the machine, not sure why I can't get RDP to work.

I'll post an update when I finally succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...