Sunday, December 29, 2019

Mining

After the busy-ness of Christmas I am taking a brief break from thinky things late at night. So I'm playing a little Minetest. Yeah I could run Minecraft in Linux but I like that Minetest is open source and modding is encouraged etc. And I'm not very hardcore so I don't need redstone or other complex aspects, I just like building stuff.

And of course it's always the same thing. Moria. I like digging into mountains rather than building up structures on the ground. I've also tried to build Rapture. That was a fun challenge, trying to keep the water out etc. I'm gonna have to try that one again. But that might have to be in Minecraft, I think looking through the glass walls might look cooler. If it doesn't actually look like you're underwater then it isn't worth the effort.

I really should plan - a little - though. All of my Moria attempts end with me getting bored since I'm really just digging pointless tunnels and random rooms. They look cool, but I should have some goal of some kind. Maybe a scavenger hunt, or perhaps I do need to build it in Minecraft and use redstone etc to make underground puzzles and traps.

But wait - I'm taking a break from thinky stuff aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...