Friday, January 10, 2020

Faded

I am back to work on the arcade-style space mining game. I've ditched the 'teraforming' class for now. The planets are much more 80's retro now. They consist of a configurable surface color and grid color. Dotted over their surface are bases, spaceports, and enemy spawners. The planet surface levels are identical to the space level, but with different elements and slightly different behavior - all of which is configurable in plain text files.

I created a fade effect class. So when the player lands on a planet the screen goes black and the surface scene fades in. The black color, fade speed, and fade in/out are all configurable within the level's settings file.

The goal is to drive the game's elements by config files so users can 'skin' their own games and tweak how it plays solely through the game library files and settings files.

The spawners are next, along with the complex AI and collision detection. Then I'll code the building of upgrades using the gathered minerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...