Monday, January 6, 2020

Fighting Revisited

I have been doing some work on the NetSplit game again. Last night I decided that the game should be part action and part puzzle, as opposed to fully puzzle. It has been a long time since I've defined weapons and fighting scenarios. There have been some changes to the allowed syntax and single items no longer need to be defined in a parent group. So it will be interesting to see how broken the fight engine is.

So far so good. The player is able to punch objects. Before I had the damage messages defined in the weapon object. I may stick with that approach, as long as these messages work as expected.

It would be cool to make weapons that can be hacked, and therefore behave differently. Actually there should be lots of objects that can be hacked. In a previous game I had started, there was some hacking but not really behavior changing etc. I just need to be sure to keep the 'hacking' from being tedious. It is a game, after all - and needs to actually be *gasp* fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...