Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Stitching

Happy 02022020 (Well at the time I started writing this)!
I have good news to report on the space mining rererewrite: It's going really well so far. I have changed the core class structure from previous rewrites.

This time I have spread out the tasks so that the GamePanel isn't doing all the work. Keypresses etc are handed off to the Level class, and it has specific level type classes under it - for space, surface, etc. And later I'll make these totally generic, so you can define any amount of sublevels, of any kind, via config files. The goal is to make the game totally moddable - so much so, the game actually becomes more of a game engine that builds randomly generated top down arcade games.

I have coded the seamless loading of level sectors and just need to code the reloading of the stored sector data. I have that piece done but need to restore the last saved position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...