Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Clipboard Project

I've been coding in Java (Late at night) for a few years now. Most of my projects are console applications or arcade-style video games. Being hobby efforts, they usually require very little intense research. If it makes my head hurt, I do something else. It is my free time after all.

As a consequence I haven't done much with Swing and GUI development. Nor have I done much with the clipboard. But now I have reason. I am unable to use my all-time favorite clipboard manager so I need to write one. I am amazed at how easy it has been so far. True, I've done an obscene amount of web searching, and there is some funk in Java I've uncovered.

The benefit is I get to add even more VIM nerdiness to my project than CopyQ has. Also I've coded it to store everything encrypted. I have it minimizing to the tray and clips can be edited or deleted.

Still to do...

- Add a global hot key to display the window.

- Add 'permanent' bookmarks that can be arranged into categories or similar.

- Debug why it randomly doesn't load the stored clips when launching the application.

- Maaybe pop the window up at the mouse.

- Add options to the application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 VST Effects I Use in Every Song

VSTs are so great. I have a massive collection of free instruments and FX that I've tracked down. There are SOO many to choose from... B...